Saturday, 24 September 2011

Google+ vs Facebook

Firstly, Google+ is finally open for all.

I thought that it was pretty cool but nobody else does so. Of the people whom I've invited, only 1 accepted. I guess they are fairly resistant to change. I remember the time when I created my Facebook account. It was fairly new then and the in-thing was Friendster. Everyone had a Friendster account and not everyone had a Facebook account. But Facebook was the new fun thing that was quickly catching on because (I think) of the games. It was basically Friendster with games then. And see where Friendster is today.

Hence, I presume that this is the situation now with Google+. However, I am not so certain now. When Facebook did a rather significant change with their UI 2 days back, I was like meh, a weak shot by an ailing (in the future, not now of course) giant (like Friendster).

However, today I learned that Facebook intends to debut their new feature - Timeline which somehow make it seem to me like Google+ is that new kid hoping to make it big and Facebook just keeps pushing forward with no intention of slowing down and giving Google+ a chance. It's like that hare and tortoise story except that the hare doesn't get complacent and wins.

I think it's a huge blow but not a KO puch and Timeline is only going live on the 30th of this month so Google+ might have a trick or two under their sleeve. They seem to be doing something from the liitle updates I see now and then.

Round 1, Fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment